The USD Child & Adult Advocacy Studies (CAASt) certificate program and the Center for the Prevention of Child Maltreatment (CPCM) are pleased to offer a 5-hour CAASt webinar series to support the work of school staff seeking to create trauma-informed school settings. The webinar will use CAASt competencies to provide school personnel with applicable knowledge for working in multidisciplinary teams within the school. As a result, the CAASt webinar series will increase the universal knowledge, training, and competencies of school personnel and discuss perceived barriers to implementing COVID-19 responsive and trauma-informed care among school staff.
1. Child Abuse & Neglect in South Dakota (August 10, 2020)
2. Child Development and Stress (August 11, 2020)
3. A Framework for Safe and Successful School (August 12, 2020)
4. Trauma Informed Classrooms (August 13, 2020)
5. School Leaders’ Response in Trauma Informed Environments (August 14, 2020)